Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Best games with cel-shaded graphics?

I love cel-shaded graphics and was wondering what the best games are with those graphics? I've already played Viewtiful Joe and while it is amazing at first, it gets annoying, frustrating, and repetitive too quickly.Best games with cel-shaded graphics?
Wind Waker is easily the best

Jet Grind Radio is probably the first game I remember being celshaded, although I doubt its actually the first though.. it was a cool game though..
Best games with cel-shaded graphics?
''I'm announcing this as a hot-topic''. Cel-shaded/vector graphics are highly underused. But to answer your question, I'd say ''Dragon Ball Z Tenkatchi 3'' even-though I haven't played it yet.
The only game tha I like is Teamfortress 2.
havent played it but killer 7 looked good. best game i have played... jet set radio
The Sly Cooper series comes to mind. Oh, and Okami too. Especially Okami.
XIII :)
Aside from Wind Waker, Jet Grind Radio, and Jet Set Radio, I've heard Wacky Races was pretty good. Oh and Killer Seven (I believe it's cel shaded).
Teamfortress 2 %26 The Jet Grind Games.
this
Sly Cooper.
JSRF2
Jeanne De Arc for PSP. I was very surprised at how good this game came out. It's basically a cel shaded Shining Force. IMO it's more accessible then Final Fantasy Tactics.
Killer7 and No More Heroes are among my favorites.
The Wind Waker or Okami (I can't say which is better)
Dark Cloud 2 had some awesome cel-shaded graphics :)
Dark Chronicle, Dragon Quest VII, Jet Set Radio plus Future, Killer 7, Tales of Vesperia %26 Tales of Symphonia, Trusty Bell, PoPoLoCrois: Hajimari no Bouken %26 PoPoLoCrois: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken, Giftpia, Auto Modellista, Breath of Fire V, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Musashi: Samurai Legend, No More Heroes, Okami, Radiata Stories, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne %26 Digital Devil Saga, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, Rogue Galaxy.
Best one and you should try is from level 5 games-dragon quest VIII, dark cloud 1 and 2 plus Rouge galaxyXIII
My favorite cel-shading game would definitely be Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker. Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Jet Set Radio Fusion, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Killer7 get honorable mentions. I dunno about other games.
Killer7

No comments:

Post a Comment