Friday, April 16, 2010

Legacy RPG's

I'm finally coming out of my less than strict ''no-console'' gaming diet and started playing FFVII. This kind of got me thinking about other RPG's. I remember playing FFX-2 and hating 80% of the story, style and small irrelevant thing but REALLY loving the gameplay. So my question is: are there any legacy games out there that reflect the gameplay of FFX-2. If no one can come up with one, I'd be fine with hearing about any current-gen games.Legacy RPG's
I'm not totally sure what I should suggest. While it's not really what you asked, if you're looking for a good RPG, I would suggest any Final Fantasy game, Xenogears, Parasite Eve 1+2, Brave Fencer Musashi (a Squaresoft Zelda-type game; it's really quite good, in my opinion), Legend of the Dragoon...Legacy RPG's
I'm going to go for the classic RPGs (Blue) and the unique RPGs (Red) as well.Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy (Series)
Draggon Warrior (Series)
Pokemon (Series)
Bioshock (New)
Paper Mario (Series)
Phantasy Star (Series)
Legend of Zelda (Series)
Fable (Series - New)
It seems that you are looking for games that have a (slightly) more involved battle system than that found in most typical Japanese RPGs. If unique battle systems are what you're looking for I would say check out:Rogue Galaxy
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Dark Cloud 2
Knights of the Old Republic (I%26II)
Mass Effect
Paper Mario (the entire series)
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts (I%26II)These may provide you with a battle system that you find more interesting than the what the older Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest games offered.
Morrowind. Don't even bother with Oblivion.Final Fantasy Tactics, FF VI, Phantasy Star IV. My 3 favorite pre-modern era RPGs.

No comments:

Post a Comment