Friday, April 16, 2010

What the heck is a Sega Nomad

What is it? it looks weird but I might pick one up. How much does it cost?What the heck is a Sega Nomad
Ps2 game right? I think its real time strategy. I didn't hear much about it myself, only site that I saw a review for it was on 1up. Might want to take a look at that.What the heck is a Sega Nomad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Nomad It is a handheld that plays Sega Genesis games.
It will even hook up to a TV as well.
Wow I was off, I was thinking about Soul Nomad I think lol.
[QUOTE=''Chrono66'']Wow I was off, I was thinking about Soul Nomad I think lol.[/QUOTE]Lol. I was wondering where you got that idea from.
The Nomad was great. I owned one and I loved taking all of my Sega games everywhere I went as a kid, I have memories playing Jurassic park and Mortal Kombat in various places (even on an airplane).
Sega's answer to the NEC TurboExpress. In other words a portable Sega Genesis.
[QUOTE=''Megavideogamer'']Sega's answer to the NEC TurboExpress. In other words a portable Sega Genesis. [/QUOTE]



[QUOTE=''ho0p3r4life42'']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Nomad It is a handheld that plays Sega Genesis games.[/QUOTE]



Yeah, what they said.
It was a portable Mega Drive/GenesisWish I had one...Gunstar on the go would kick ass
[QUOTE=''Da_Banker'']What is it? it looks weird but I might pick one up. How much does it cost?[/QUOTE]its a collector's item now... if you can find one go ahead and pick it up and since it plays genesis games you should be able to find games for it without too much of a problem.

It's a '90s Sega fanboy gone insane after Sega's bankruptcy. Now he spends his time muttering nonsense and wandering around aimlessly, hence the word 'Nomad'.:P
I had/have one of those....pretty sweet.
The Sega Nomad had an absolutely terrible battery life. Worse than the Game Gear. And I believe it took either 6 or 8 AA batteries. As for price, if you're in the US, I saw one in a local game shop selling for $79.99 + tax.
[QUOTE=''krunkfu2''] Wish I had one...[/QUOTE]Ditto
[QUOTE=''Big_Evil666''][QUOTE=''krunkfu2''] Wish I had one...[/QUOTE]Ditto[/QUOTE]I have one. Jealous much?Aw, I'm just playing around. :P In actuality, I don't take it out of my house unless I want to show it to someone. Otherwise, I plug it into an electrical outlet with an AC adapter. Even though the screen is somewhat small, it suffices better than expected.
[QUOTE=''UltimateXShadow''][QUOTE=''Big_Evil666''][QUOTE=''krunkfu2''] Wish I had one...[/QUOTE]Ditto[/QUOTE]I have one. Jealous much?Aw, I'm just playing around. :P In actuality, I don't take it out of my house unless I want to show it to someone. Otherwise, I plug it into an electrical outlet with an AC adapter. Even though the screen is somewhat small, it suffices better than expected.[/QUOTE]Man, yeah, I am jealous
it's more of a collector's item than actually playing it because the battery life is terrible. Personally I would much rather just play the Genesis games on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment