Monday, April 12, 2010

Destroy All Humans 2 Xbox Question....PL ...

I was thinking about getting this game. I just have a few questions:Can you skip the movies in this game? Or shut the voice off? (I am a very imapatient gamer...lol) Can you drive in vehicles? Thanks!Destroy All Humans 2 Xbox Question....PL ...
I dont know about the ability to skip movies but the only vehicle you get to drive is your UFO. You can tractor beam other vehicles and drag them around though =PDAH is an awesome free roam series but sadly the first two do not have much replay value. You can't get into any random battles and then disengage, and there are no meaningless random missions you can do or even replay missions whenever you want. I wont get the chance to play big willy for the wii but in that one you get to drive a giant burger boy statue from a fast food resteraunt lol. Destroy All Humans 2 Xbox Question....PL ...
You can skip the cut scenes in Destroy All Humans, but they are very well done for a video game. I'm not a big fan of cut scenes either btw - Metal Gear cut scenes make me want to rip my eyes out. DaH's scenes were actually very impressive, the more I think back. They managed to be short and concise while paying a great homage to old sci-fi / B-movie films (from Plan 9 to The Day the Earth Stood Still) %26 50/60's Americana. They also used the Alien Invasion %26 mind reading in the 50/60's era America elements to make nuanced political statements, even mentioning the Project for the New American Century by name at one point. Moments like that, in the first game, will probably fly over most people's head (PNAC is the group that gave George Bush the 'wonderful' idea for the Iraq War, FWIW), but it's wit you rarely ever see in a light hearted video game like this. Also, the main character of the game sounds exactly like Jack Nicholson, which earns it points in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment