Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So I started playing Phantasy Star Onlin ...

...and I kind of like it. I never had it in the SegaNet days of yore, too busy with Quake III, but I ended up with a copy a couple years ago and just assumed it would suck without online play. Am I crazy for thinking that it's a good game even in single player?It's pretty fun though, like if Sega made a Diablo clone. In one mission so far I got an AI teammate, are there any other missions like that? It seems like if I can't play with real people, AI stand-ins would be better than nothing. Also, I really doubt it, but is there any way I can get my Dreamcast online with DSL without having the broadband adapter? Running it through my computer somehow or something? There's still a private server up right? That would be sweet. So I started playing Phantasy Star Onlin ...
yea, if you look for the private sevrer on google you'll find t.The guy has a tutorial for how to get online with DSL w/out Broadband adapterEDIT- Link to SCHTHACKI think you will need the BBA to connect with DSL/broadbandplease let me know if you can get on the server, I tried recently, but couldn't find a codebreaker file to burn.PM me if you get online.Good Luck!P.S. do you have version 1 or 2? So I started playing Phantasy Star Onlin ...
I attempted it before, but I got stuck at the boss in the second stage, that giant snake in that tunnel or whatever...
Congrats on starting one of my all time fav games!!!



There are plenty of *cough* private severs around just google to find them. These should hold a number of missions that were both in the game and in some cases made up by the people who own the severs. Though if your offline mostly the missions are just an add on - the real meat and two veg of the game was to go through the main game levels forest e.t.c on easy then when you reach a certain level you unlocked medium for more exp and harder fights and the game repeated like that.



There is a big website dedicated to all things PSO just google it to find it and has loads of great info - good luck and I will warn you between the DC and GC versions I put in about 1000 hours into the game :)
[QUOTE=''krunkfu2''] yea, if you look for the private sevrer on google you'll find t.The guy has a tutorial for how to get online with DSL w/out Broadband adapterEDIT- Link to SCHTHACKI think you will need the BBA to connect with DSL/broadbandplease let me know if you can get on the server, I tried recently, but couldn't find a codebreaker file to burn.PM me if you get online.Good Luck!P.S. do you have version 1 or 2? [/QUOTE] I had issues trying to get to it myself, its not a problem of theirs though. Its just the European Dreamkey thats the issue.
I finally picked up a copy of the game at EB yesterday. I want the game to play offline with my friends again this summer like I did last year, but I've never created an account on Live, so one of my friends and I are going to finagle a way to get me able to play the offline version so I can actually get my character leveled up to a decent amount. I think he was around 70 or so (a Ranger) while my friends were over 80 (2 Hunters and 1 Force). I had never played the game before and I couldn't do as much as them as quickly...
Oh, man...good times. That game was so awesome online when it released. Dial up and no lag? Tremendous. And it's still fun (if tedious at times) offline. I still play it from time to time. Spread needle FTW.
I have some questions about Phantasy Star Online. Is there alot to do offline? Is there a story? I noticed on DC there was version 1 and version 2, but the GC has the one game Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2. What do I need to play before going to 3 on GC? Thanks.
[QUOTE=''93jam'']I have some questions about Phantasy Star Online. Is there alot to do offline? Is there a story? I noticed on DC there was version 1 and version 2, but the GC has the one game Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2. What do I need to play before going to 3 on GC? Thanks. [/QUOTE]

there's a story offline, you can play it alone just fine

episode 1 was the first version released, episode 2 has all the same stuff from episode 1 plus new content and updates (its kinda like an expansion pak, so get this if you have a dreamcast)

the Gamecube version is like Episode 2 plus even more content, and I think the ability to play offline multiplayer, I don't think you can play the Xbox version offline, so don't bother getting that..

PSO III is a completely different game
[QUOTE=''zh666''][QUOTE=''93jam'']I have some questions about Phantasy Star Online. Is there alot to do offline? Is there a story? I noticed on DC there was version 1 and version 2, but the GC has the one game Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2. What do I need to play before going to 3 on GC? Thanks. [/QUOTE]

there's a story offline, you can play it alone just fine

episode 1 was the first version released, episode 2 has all the same stuff from episode 1 plus new content and updates (its kinda like an expansion pak, so get this if you have a dreamcast)

the Gamecube version is like Episode 2 plus even more content, and I think the ability to play offline multiplayer, I don't think you can play the Xbox version offline, so don't bother getting that..

PSO III is a completely different game [/QUOTE]Both XBOX versions (one for the original XBOX and one for the 360) have single player, and both are still supported on XBL. The original XBOX's version of the game is backwards compatible for the 360 and includes both chapters 1 %26 2. I played the original for a short period. IMO, single player is repetative and grinding takes too long. Coop was fun for a while. Online would be great, but the content isn't worth the monthly fee.
So I could get version 2 on DC and Episode 3 on GC and not miss anything?
[QUOTE=''93jam'']So I could get version 2 on DC and Episode 3 on GC and not miss anything?[/QUOTE]

I think the best version is the PC one, it was the last version created and has the most chapters... but for the console, the GC version of I%26II Plus should be your best bet
Wait, is there different content online? I was under the impression that when you went down to Ragol without a side quest, that was like the online version, only with one dude instead of four.
[QUOTE=''zh666'']I don't think you can play the Xbox version offline, so don't bother getting that..[/QUOTE]Just to clarify, this statement is incorrect. There is indeed an offline mode to PSO on the Xbox. It can be done by a single person or done withup to four people. And it is a lot of fun with the right people.Note that you have to have a GamerTag to play PSO on the Xbox at all, however.
I think there's a private server somewhere around, but I don't know where to find it. Probably a google search will yield something. As for AI teammates, they only appear in a select number of quests, and you can't hire any to join your party, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment