Monday, April 12, 2010

N64 cart help

I am selling my extra copy of Zelda OoT, and I had a unusual request on ebay. They want to know the 2 lined code at the bottom of the front of the cart under the Nintendo logo. What does that symbolize? My only guesses are that Nintendo put them on there for piracy reasons or Nintendo put them on carts to tell apart normal and special editions of games. What do you all think?N64 cart help
There are three different versions of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. There's 1.0 (only available with a pre-order-- these are the gold carts), 1.1 (1st gray cart-- fixed bugs), and 1.2 (fixes bugs, alters a recurring symbol in the game, and changes the Fire Temple music). One of these revisions also took out the red blood present in the gold cart version.N64 cart help
[QUOTE=''MAILER_DAEMON''] There are three different versions of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64. There's 1.0 (only available with a pre-order-- these are the gold carts), 1.1 (1st gray cart-- fixed bugs), and 1.2 (fixes bugs, alters a recurring symbol in the game, and changes the Fire Temple music). One of these revisions also took out the red blood present in the gold cart version.[/QUOTE]you just took all the fun of answering... anyway, what recurring symbol are you talking about?
Sorry, I didn't say that right. I meant what does it mean if someone wants to know. Maybe they they were wanting a certain version like Mailer Daemeon said.
[QUOTE=''93jam'']Sorry, I didn't say that right. I meant what does it mean if someone wants to know. Maybe they they were wanting a certain version like Mailer Daemeon said. [/QUOTE]Why do people always misspell my name? :roll:Yeah, people ask because the gold cart is the rarest (and thus worth more), and ver. 1.1 is less valuable-but-more-valuable-than-1.2.
Sorry about mispelling your name. I was in a hurry while typing. Does (-01) in that code on the cart mean it is a 1.1? Thanks for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment