Friday, April 16, 2010

Populous!

I would love to see a new sequel made of this game. Whether it be in the same style as 1 and 2 or a real time strategy like Populous the beginning. It would be great to see what they'd do with the series with new technology.Populous!
Did not get to play 1 + 2, but man The Beginning rocked hard. SHOKA! TUMAGA! TAKA! KARATONKIA! OTENGA! Populous!
I just bought the SNES version this past weekend. I used to play this game often at a friends house, glad I finally got my own copy.
I wasnt that great at it. It seems like I was stupid back then and am that much smarter now that I could probably kick that games butt but i dont know. I accidentally baught ''The beginning'' for the ps1 and I really hate it lol. It has horrable slow-down and the graphics just look like crap. I'd much rather own the first one. I'm jealous you got one hehehe. Who made the original populous?? There are so many deserving games to get updates. Populous would be pretty freaking low on my list.
[QUOTE=''DOS4dinner'']Did not get to play 1 + 2, but man The Beginning rocked hard. SHOKA! TUMAGA! TAKA! KARATONKIA! OTENGA! [/QUOTE]Hell yeah man, The Beginning is still one of my favourite games of all time. I always laughed at TAKA though, that the shaman said KAKA! Which was of course hilarious for me as a kid.
[QUOTE=''allnamestaken'']I would love to see a new sequel made of this game.[QUOTE]1 is in the making by a member of the populous community, it looks like ''black and white'' its 20% complete atm. Check it out http://poptc.wildman-productions.org/index.phpBtw any1 here actually play pop the beginning online? i still do dayly, if ye need anymore details about how to do this just ask. Btw is there a PM service? im new here
I remember playing the original on the Atari ST, great game. The formula would probably have to be changed to something like the one in Black and White.
[QUOTE=''zeus_gb'']I remember playing the original on the Atari ST, great game. The formula would probably have to be changed to something like the one in Black and White.[/QUOTE]well the guy who created populous is the same guy who created Black and white (molyneux) so im sure that could be arranged

No comments:

Post a Comment