Friday, April 16, 2010

Building My Collection - Sony Playstatio ...

Over the course of the next few years I am going to go back and purchase all of the games I have either owned before that were great and also games I have rented and really enjoyed throughout my life. My goal is to build my own collection of personal favorites with a few reccomendations that the majority of people reccomend. This is my goal to do for however long it takes until I feel content with my collection. The first console I am going to collect for will be the Sony Playstation. This is one of my favorite consoles during my early teen years and I have great memories playing and completing the games listed below. I really cannot wait to start playing all of these games again. I will still continue to game in the current generation of consoles consistently, but I intend to purchase these games at the rate of one game per week. I will devote 2 hours a day for one 7 day week each and every week for each ''new'' game that I purchase. I intend to keep this thread updated as I purchase each game and I will log my time spent with each game while also reminiscing about great moments from the game with all of you. I will also be creating a new thread for each new console I decide to dig up so I can get all my fellow gamespotters opinions as I am very open to them.On 6/1/08 I purchased an authentic Sony 15 block Memory Card - Brand New. Cost, $ 12.00 + $2.99 S %26 HOn 6/1/08 I purchased Resident Evil: Directors Cut - Greatest Hits - Brand New. Cost, $10.99 + $3.99 S %26 HOn 6/5/08 I purchased Tekken - Greatest Hits - Brand New. Cost, $16.30 + $3.99 S %26 HI have received the memory card, but I am still awaiting RE:DC, as that is the one I will play first.:DI intend on beating the game with Chris and Jill on arranged mode as I have completed both scenarios on original mode when I owned the game before.Tekken will not take so much time to complete, so I will beat that game with each character twice and really just play it to death and wait until the following week when I intend on purchasing the vastly superior Tekken 2.Also this is my list of games to build my Sony Playstation collection. I am not a fan of RPG's really although I have made my way through FF7, FF8, FF9, Chrono Cross, and Wild Arms. I do not intend on purchasing these games because I feel that although I have completed them and enjoyed them, there is not much replay value nd I definately put in my time. I don't plan on purchasing any RPG's for any console as it is just not my cup of tea.Castlevania: Symphony of the NightPS2D Platformer8.9621 Crash BandicootPS3D Platformer6.8179 Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes BackPS3D Platformer8.6176 Crash Bandicoot 3: WarpedPS3D Platformer8.9192 DarkStalkersPS2D Fighting37 DarkStalkers 3PS2D Fighting7.973 Dino CrisisPSHorror Action Adventure8.5128 Dino Crisis 2PSSci-Fi Action Adventure9.2218 Guilty GearPS2D Fighting7.980 Mortal Kombat TrilogyPS2D Fighting8.6167 Resident Evil 2PSHorror Action Adventure8.9434 Resident Evil 3: NemesisPSHorror Action Adventure8.8398 Resident Evil: Director's CutPSHorror Action Adventure6.9167 Silent HillPSHorror Action Adventure8.2635 Soul BladePS3D Fighting8.3112 TekkenPS3D Fighting104 Tekken 2PS3D Fighting9.2142 Tekken 3BOUGHT

Resident Evil: Directors CutTekken I can't wait to hear your opinions!Sincerely, George.Building My Collection - Sony Playstatio ...
I, like you, love the PS (probably my fav. system). You have alot of good titles already like RE series, SotN, Crash, SH, Dino Crisis...I'd have to suggestTenchu 1Syphon Filter 1 %26 2Metal Gear SolidMedal Of Honor 1MedEvilSpyro The DragonThat's all i could think of right now but there are alot more.Building My Collection - Sony Playstatio ...
[QUOTE=''HyruleKing83''] I, like you, love the PS (probably my fav. system). You have alot of good titles already like RE series, SotN, Crash, SH, Dino Crisis...I'd have to suggestTenchu 1Syphon Filter 1 %26 2Metal Gear SolidMedal Of Honor 1MedEvilSpyro The DragonThat's all i could think of right now but there are alot more.[/QUOTE] I highlighted Tenchu, MGS, Medal of Honor, and Medievil as I will add those to my list.I had a great time w/ MGS and don't know how I could forget to ass that one! I also loved the first Medal of Honor as it was inspiration for my to play all the later releases. Tenchu and Medievil I have heard great things about so I will add them to my list and give them a try. I am sure I will be pleased since you seem to have good taste. I never cared too much for Spyro, and Syphon Filter was decent as I gave it a rental back in the day and was just kind of ''meh'' about it. Thank you for your input man. What do you think about the first 3 Tomb Raiders as I cant decide if I should add them to my list. I know I enjoyed them a great deal, but I don't know if these games have a decent replay value. I know I liked them, I just dont get all that excited when I think about playing them.
First off instead of buying MGS its better to buy MGS: Essentials for $29 since it includes MGS, MGS 2, and MGS 3.All these games on the list are some of the best I've played over the 10 years of PS1 gaming.Crash Bandicoot: WarpedTwisted Metal 2Future Cop L.A.P.DKagero: Deception IITiny TankWild 9Tomb Raiders I, II, and III (II was my personal favorite but they are all good)Soul BladeWipeoutJet MotoThe Unholy WarColony WarsBushido Blade (still the most realistic fighter to date. ''Turns out being hit in the face with a razor-sharp samurai sword can be dealy'' said OPM)TenchuApe EscapeSyphon FilterMedal of HonorCrash Team RacingSpider Man (the first great 3D superhero game!)Silent Hill ( offering a better experience and more terrifying game then Resident Evil) Resident Evil 3: NemesisEinhander (expensive but very good)Spyro The DragonSpyro 2: Riptos RageKileak: The DNA ImperativeSorry if some of these games are already on your list.
Thank you NVIDIAGAMER, from your suggestions I added Bushido Blade and Spiderman. I really enjoyed both of these games when I played them and the Spidey game set a good standard for the games to come. If you are a Spidey fan those games are just unreal. I do believe I am getting near the end games I will add, but I am still open to suggestions. P.S. I will purchase the Essential Collection instead of buying the games individually. I also added Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2 to my lidt because those are great RE style games that also take on their own form. I suggest trying them out.
[QUOTE=''SNESMaster420'']Thank you NVIDIAGAMER, from your suggestions I added Bushido Blade and Spiderman. I really enjoyed both of these games when I played them and the Spidey game set a good standard for the games to come. If you are a Spidey fan those games are just unreal. I do believe I am getting near the end games I will add, but I am still open to suggestions. P.S. I will purchase the Essential Collection instead of buying the games individually. I also added Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2 to my lidt because those are great RE style games that also take on their own form. I suggest trying them out.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I played Fear Effect and really enjoyed it so I may look into Fear Effect 2. I also suggest looking into Galerians since it is a very great Resident Evil style game.I still think you should try to get this along with the rest of the games.http://psx.ign.com/articles/153/153716p1.html
I am going to look into Galerians. I have not heard much about it but I will give it a shot. I could not get your link to open. Was it referring to a game you listed before? If so which one? Thanks for the input man.
Crash Bandicoot Series Syphon Filter Series
[QUOTE=''SNESMaster420'']I am going to look into Galerians. I have not heard much about it but I will give it a shot. I could not get your link to open. Was it referring to a game you listed before? If so which one? Thanks for the input man.[/QUOTE]http://psx.ign.com/articles/153/153716p1.html It should work now. :P
I started doing that in September, I think i'm around 75 Playstation games right now, with some japan imports.
LAPD future cop is a little known MP gem,as is Destrega.http://uk.gamespot.com/users/YoJim8obaJoe/games_table?mode=ownplenty of good PS games listed here,along with my score
[QUOTE=''YoJim8obaJoe'']LAPD future cop is a little known MP gem,as is Destrega.http://uk.gamespot.com/users/YoJim8obaJoe/games_table?mode=ownplenty of good PS games listed here,along with my score[/QUOTE]I thought I was the only one who knew about Future Cop as being ''great'' and ''underrated''
*Update* 6/6/08 Last night I checked my mail after work and I recieved my brand new copy of Resident Evil: Directors Cut!. I was pretty excited so after I watched Semi-Pro, I popped it in for an hour and a half. I started with Chris in Arranged mode. I collected the first two mansion keys and then saved my game and got some sleep. I plan on putting in some good work on the game tonight since I have the weekend off. I am going to stick to my plan of playing each game for a week so that should allow me to at least complete Chris and Jill's Arranged modes. For those of you who don't know, Arranged mode was the new mode included in the Directors Cut that rearanged some of the puzzles and the location of the items. As far as I know, there are no other real differences. I could be wrong though.
[QUOTE=''nVidiaGaMer''] [QUOTE=''SNESMaster420'']I am going to look into Galerians. I have not heard much about it but I will give it a shot. I could not get your link to open. Was it referring to a game you listed before? If so which one? Thanks for the input man.[/QUOTE]http://psx.ign.com/articles/153/153716p1.html It should work now. :P[/QUOTE] For some reason my work PC jst will not open the link? I am curious as to which game you are so adament about.
one game that no ever mentions and that was overlooked at the time (mostly because when it was launched the dreamcast was already out and the PS2 was only a few months away) is fear effect 2: retro helix, as far as i know its the only PS1 game that uses cell shading, its graphics. plot, characters and gameplay are impressivehere a link for the review : Fear effect 2
I have both Fear Effect games on my list. Those games are real cool. Underrated tho.
I don't know how much you are into RPG's but if you are, I would highly recommend picking up Suikoden, and Suikoden 2, although Suikoden 2 will probably cost you in excess of $100 bucks. Both are amazing. I'd also suggest Tenchu and Brave Fencer Mushashi. Good luck building your collection!
Crash Team Racing is a must own. It is easily the greatest kart racer ever made by a mile. Also I'd reccomend Tomb Raider 1-4. The Last Revelation is my favourite game in the TR series(TR4).
[QUOTE=''st1ka'']one game that no ever mentions and that was overlooked at the time (mostly because when it was launched the dreamcast was already out and the PS2 was only a few months away) is fear effect 2: retro helix, as far as i know its the only PS1 game that uses cell shading, its graphics. plot, characters and gameplay are impressivehere a link for the review : Fear effect 2[/QUOTE]yeah this was an awesome game i remeber playing it a couple years ago.
Should've named this thread 'spending lots of my money - sony playstation'. Umm, besides what you've already got on your list, I can only recommend some personal favorites:Team Buddies: Cartoon strategy/war sim battle game. The humor and visuals almost reminds me of Conker's BFD. Clock Tower: You like RE games, you say? Pick this horror survival game up. Same vein as RE, but a little different gameplay.Azure Dreams: Dungeon exploring with pokemon type battles. Also has dating sim and cool story.Parappa the Rapper: Don't think I need to explain this one. Fantastic game, pretty under rated.Goodluck!Also, great nickname. It's all about combining the things in life that you love. For me, it would've been between 'SNES/420' and 'NakedGirls/Shakey'sPizza'. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment