Friday, April 16, 2010

So I Bought A Dreamcast

I went to a thrift store to look at book (Yeah, I'm cheap) and I saw it right there with two controllers and a memory card for $14, and it was half price so I payed $7.
Where can I find games, and which ones would you recommend to me? I plan on ordering a few online, if not all.
I have my eye on. I'm not big on JRPGs or much of things with J in them.
Wacky Races
Soul Caliber
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

So I Bought A Dreamcast
HAHA GOOD DEAL!$7 for a Dreamcast, thats cheaper meal at Dennys.So I Bought A Dreamcast
get lots of fighting games and a stick
Congrats! You just bought one of the best systems ever made! Ok. So, Crazy Taxi (good time challenge racer), Hydro Thunder (Good racer, even if you don't like boat racing), SHENMUE! A must have for ANY Dreamcast owner or Enthusiast. Omikron, if you can find it. A little weird but if you like experimental like games with good but twisted stories it's fun. Old school action game, not quite Tomb Raider. Blue Stinger, If you like Resident Evil you have GOT to get this game. WARNING: Very few copies made actually WORK, google Gamedude. They're like funco, they carry everything. Anyway, but this one from a gamedude, if it doesn't work you can return it. Infact game dude will ship to you if you live far enough away and will replace any non-working copies. Power Stone is a good one and if you can find it, D2. Very very cool game, a survival horror hunting game, yeah you read that right. You explore in 3rd person but combat is in a stand still FPS, you don't move just fight. It's a little like a RPG fight. You and baddies stand opposite each other and you select your gun and shoot'em as fast as you can. Aswell instead of health packs (which exsist but are rare) you have to hunt. Hunt deer, rabbits or whatever. Strip the meat and you have instant health packs! 3 Cds though, so prepare to put at least 25 hours into this one. Twisted story aswell. very dark. Another good 3rd person shoot'em up is Slave Zero, very cool. You play a very big robot thing, without saying much of the story not only can you slide and jump but you get big guns, big rockets and you can pick up cars and throw them at enemies... and you can even pick up people, they do no damage but have a very comical scream and red splat effect... Quake 3 Arena was pretty good on there too, I still own that. Oh and last but not least Sonic Adventure. Very cool, last good sonic made. DONT GET SONIC ADVENTURE 2. Very bad.

P.S- If you're looking for a extremly unique and rare gaming Gem, get 7th Cross Evolution. It's a story less RPG, you start as a one celled organism and have to eat and fight to evolve. The thing is you get a big block graph (about 250 block big I think) and using five colors (each color represents a attribute, Red Strength, blue spirit, white intellect you get the idea?) You actually have to scribble the colors together to design the different parts of your body (body, legs, head and arms). It's kinda hard to explain I'm sure it seems, but you can get it for like 5 bucks if you can find it and it's a true Gem. It's the precursor of sort to another big title in development. The combat is hack and slash, but old school so it's slow. but you can get all kinds of powers and weapons I hear, I never got a smart enough head to build weapons but I had some cool spells... seriously, just for the library, get it.
Add to my post, Sega Bass Fishing, the first one. I hate fishing games, but this one is awsome. Not only is it fun, but if you like to play games just to relax, it has some of the most amazing music and enviroment settings. Listening to it rain on the lake while the crickets chirp and listening to the lure splash into the water, you almost feel the cool breeze. Sounds corny I'm sure but the game is awsome to relax.
Here's a good list to start with. All of the games are relatively cheap and easy to find in America:

-SoulCalibur

-Virtua Fighter 3TB

-Jet Grind Radio

-Crazy Taxi

-Sonic Adventure

-Sonic Adventure 2

-Resident Evil: Code Veronica

-The House of the Dead 2



There are many, many, many, other great games out there. But those are all cheap, good, and can be found in local game shops, pawn shops, thrift stores, eBay, Amazon, and craigslist.
You got great deal!!!You should get great fighting games- Dead or Alive 2, Project Justice, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom 1-2, Capcom vs SNK 1-2, King of Fighters series.
Some good games to get:- Sonic Adventure
- Sonic Adventure 2 (its where the series started to go downhill but its still pretty fun)
- Soul Caliber
- Dead or Alive 2
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
- Shenmue (warning: this is a love it or hate it type of game. If the most important thing to you in a game is story, you'll probably like Shenmue. If you actually want gameplay in your game you'll probably just want to skip this one)
- Seaman (not much gameplay but its one of the most unique, bizarre games ever made)
- Rez (if you can find it)
- Samba de Amigo (if you can find a complete copy)
- Ikaruga (if you can find it)
- Crazy Taxi 1 and 2
- Jet Grind Radio[QUOTE=''Vividnightmare'']P.S- If you're looking for a extremly unique and rare gaming Gem, get 7th Cross Evolution. It's a story less RPG, you start as a one celled organism and have to eat and fight to evolve. The thing is you get a big block graph (about 250 block big I think) and using five colors (each color represents a attribute, Red Strength, blue spirit, white intellect you get the idea?) You actually have to scribble the colors together to design the different parts of your body (body, legs, head and arms). It's kinda hard to explain I'm sure it seems, but you can get it for like 5 bucks if you can find it and it's a true Gem. It's the precursor of sort to another big title in development. The combat is hack and slash, but old school so it's slow. but you can get all kinds of powers and weapons I hear, I never got a smart enough head to build weapons but I had some cool spells... seriously, just for the library, get it.[/QUOTE] I used to own that game. It sucked. Controls were terrible, the leveling up system was incomphrensible and seemingly random, the combat sucked, the graphics sucked, the sound sucked and it actually needed an entire VMU for just one save. And I wouldn't really call it the precursor to Spore. There were other evolution games before it such as E.V.O.: Search for Eden for the SNES (MUCH better game btw than 7th cross) and Cubivore for the GC. I mean, it was an interesting concept since evolution games are done so rarely but its easily the worst one out there and with Spore coming out there's really no reason to torture yourself by playing it.
thats a great deal! I personally recommend games like NBA Showtime, Soul Calibur, Gauntlet, and Resident Evil Code Veronica.
its funny how vividnightmare is the only poster in this topic that does not mention ''soul calibur'' in either of his posts while everyone else does.Anyways yea Soul Calibur. If you find it, buy it, love it if you love fighting games. Nuff said.Sega bass fishing I agree and I was lucky to get my third dreamcast with the fishing controller included. The controller may not be anything revolutionary but the game is fun and the controller does add a tiny bit more to the experience :3 Sonic adventure is a good game while Sonic Adventure 2 is way better (but if your looking for a sonic game where sonic is the #1 charcter then look elsewhere). Tony Hawk pro skater 2, I love this game and I have spent at least a 150 hours with that game when I was younger. Like I am not a big fan for sports including snowboarding, skating, etc. But Tony hawk pro skater 2 drew me in and I had a great blast with it. There is lots to do and trying to unlock everything will keep you busy for hours on end. Can anyone say jump the hobo or have a blast in Skaterboard heaven?Even though it sucks up alot of memory (60 blocks)Metropolis street racer is pretty good IMO but I ONLY RECOMMEND it if you are a racer type person or fan of racing games. If your intrest is below average DO NOT waste your money. Since this is one of those hit or miss games IMO.
I want to try Tony Hawk Pro Skater, I used to play that on PS1 when I was younger and I remember the fun in it. :P I have Sonic 1 and 2 for Sega Genesis.
Is Power Stone the name of the survival horror hunting game? That sounds like a good mix of things.

P.S. I found a Sega Master System for 80cents. :D
(Second hand shopping for games is fun. :lol: )
Unreal TournamentQuake 3 arenaShenmuePhantasy star onlineCrazy taxiSoul CaliburThats all i can think of for now.
[QUOTE=''Yoshi-Fan'']Unreal TournamentQuake 3 arenaShenmuePhantasy star onlineCrazy taxiSoul CaliburThats all i can think of for now.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament were on Dreamcast. Thank you! :D

[QUOTE=''Efielret''][QUOTE=''Yoshi-Fan'']Unreal TournamentQuake 3 arenaShenmuePhantasy star onlineCrazy taxiSoul CaliburThats all i can think of for now.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament were on Dreamcast. Thank you! :D
[/QUOTE] Half-Life is too...if you know where to find it. :)
[QUOTE=''ItsEvolution''][QUOTE=''Efielret''][QUOTE=''Yoshi-Fan'']Unreal TournamentQuake 3 arenaShenmuePhantasy star onlineCrazy taxiSoul CaliburThats all i can think of for now.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament were on Dreamcast. Thank you! :D
[/QUOTE] Half-Life is too...if you know where to find it. :) [/QUOTE]

Ah, no wonder it was like the best system. :D My wallet is going to hurt after this.

Wow I'm also looking for games for the DC. i thank the poster for suggesting gamedude...he has a lot of great games for sale:) I'm gonna call them up tomorrow lol
''Funny'' once again, I'd do without Wacky Races and go with ''Power Stone 2''.
[QUOTE=''JReefer1'']''Funny'' once again, I'd do without Wacky Races and go with ''Power Stone 2''.[/QUOTE]when I bought my second dreamcast I for some reason didn't open it and picked it out solely because it was the cleanest looking one out of the three there. And when I got home I found out they forgot to take a game out of the machine and it was a copy of Power Stone 2 : D to bad I can't get friends that are willing to learn other games :/
[QUOTE=''Efielret''][QUOTE=''Yoshi-Fan'']Unreal TournamentQuake 3 arenaShenmuePhantasy star onlineCrazy taxiSoul CaliburThats all i can think of for now.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament were on Dreamcast. Thank you! :D
[/QUOTE]Unreal pops up now and again in internet shops and quake is more common. I have yet to gain unreal. But quake 3 is brilliant!Oh yeah dont forget to pick up Headhunter! Thats fantastic.
i recommend soul caliber, DOA2, marvel vs capcom 1,2 shenmue 1,2 is a must (shenmue 2 is hard to find, I payed 70 bucks for mine copy on ebay, you would need to a boot disk to play it since it's the EU version), street fighter 2, ikaruga, power stone 1,2 gaunlet(spelling?) and skies of arcadia.I don't really like craxy taxi or sonic but those are supposed to be great games also.
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment