Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can you help me find the name of this RP ...

It was an RPG type game that I played on the Sega Channel as a kid. Early on in the game, your character finds a sword and it talks to him or something? Could also be there was a shining light and it leads to the sword. I know this sounds like the beginning of an SNES game but I played it on the Sega Channel so it was on the Genesis. I could be mixing up RPG's. You find the sword after falling off a cliff I think and there might be water, or you find it right under a cliff. You are also a young kid or at least a youth. Beyond that I don't really remember too much. Very vague I know but I would like to find this game. ANY help at all would be awesome! Any thoughts guys? Can you help me find the name of this RP ...
That sounds like it would be Sword of Mana for SNES. I'm not sure what that would be if it's not that one. Sorry.Can you help me find the name of this RP ...
any chance it would be story of thor?
ok i'll admit that i dont have a clue about the game jetlag is asking about, and i've never played story of thor, BUT, uhh doesn't thor usually have a hammer?
I'm really sorry to be soooooo vague, and the game reminds me of the Secret of Mana for the SNES. Is there an RPG on the Genesis that plays like Secret of Mana?You get kicked out of your home town by the townsfolk......Is that also Secret of Mana?Iv'e only played the game a few times when I was younger and got upset when they took it off Sega channel.It's not Beyond Oasis/ Story of Thor.... thanks though
It reminds me of a lot of Crusader of Centy
[QUOTE=''Efielret'']That sounds like it would be Sword of Mana for SNES. I'm not sure what that would be if it's not that one. Sorry.[/QUOTE] Secret of Mana was for the SNES... Sword of Mana was for GBA
[QUOTE=''JetLagz28''] It was an RPG type game that I played on the Sega Channel as a kid. Early on in the game, your character finds a sword and it talks to him or something? Could also be there was a shining light and it leads to the sword. I know this sounds like the beginning of an SNES game but I played it on the Sega Channel so it was on the Genesis. I could be mixing up RPG's.You find the sword after falling off a cliff I think and there might be water, or you find it right under a cliff.You are also a young kid or at least a youth.Beyond that I don't really remember too much.Very vague I know but I would like to find this game. ANY help at all would be awesome! Any thoughts guys?[/QUOTE] Sega Channel rocked!!!It could possibly be Beyond Oasis... even if it isn't, you should look into Beyond Oasis, as it is a very good game.
whoops... just realized that you ruled out Beyond Oasis... maybe it is Shining Force
[QUOTE=''JetLagz28'']You get kicked out of your home town by the townsfolk......Is that also Secret of Mana?[/QUOTE]yes, and you are definitely talking about secret of mana.
Right, right, sorry. I can't believe I got the name wrong. I was playing it when I wrote the comment.
Landstalker begins with you inside a cave and accidentally falling into some water, which leads you to fall down a long waterfall. When you finally wash up on shore I think all you have is your sword.
[QUOTE=''Efielret'']Right, right, sorry. I can't believe I got the name wrong. I was playing it when I wrote the comment.[/QUOTE] how ironic that you were playing it as you were writing the comment... confusion happens... I just don't want to seem like a jack@$$, know it all for correcting you
[QUOTE=''sinistra45''][QUOTE=''Efielret'']Right, right, sorry. I can't believe I got the name wrong. I was playing it when I wrote the comment.[/QUOTE] how ironic that you were playing it as you were writing the comment... confusion happens... I just don't want to seem like a jack@$$, know it all for correcting you[/QUOTE]

Hey, no problem. You had every right to correct it, most important thing is giving out the right information. :D

It can't be Secret of Mana, he played it on the Sega Channel. I bet he's talking about Landstalker. You get kicked out of your village in that one too, right? I don't remember, it's been so long.
The more I am looking at the game Landstalker, the more I think that was the game I am looking for. It looks familiar. Thanks guys for your help.
[QUOTE=''Ben_Farnsworth'']It can't be Secret of Mana, he played it on the Sega Channel. I bet he's talking about Landstalker. You get kicked out of your village in that one too, right? I don't remember, it's been so long.[/QUOTE]Sounds alot like Landstalker.One of my favorite Sega games.

No comments:

Post a Comment