Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Worst Rpg ever ''...''

Hi again people, btw thanks for the comments on my last post ''Best RPG ever ''...''''First this is a response for ChampionOfLight's post, that asked for a worst RPG list, now you have it ^^Mmmmm.... i can't say what's the worst, because i know a lot that suck.... (this is MY opinion so don't be mad if you don't like it)This isn't on legacy platforms and is a famous online game around the world... RuneScape... omg... that's terrible gaming right there.... continuing... I'd say: Pokemon Diamond and jade (a biiiiiiig dissappointment) (this may sound weird but this game is S*** compared to some that i've played) About my 3rd opinion this is the worst game ever... and is so bad that i think it doesn't have a proper gamestyle... is this a platform? an action? a RPG? an adventure game? OR EVEN A FPS (looooool, i know this isn't a FPS but i wanted to put another style in here so.... XD)E.T. =DDplease give me your opinion forward to see it ^^Worst Rpg ever ''...''
i dont get it why would anyone care what the worst ones are, tell use the best lolWorst Rpg ever ''...''
lol I have another topic on this forum about the best! you can go there ^^ btw this a response to ChampionofLight ^^stay well lol
i hated legaia 2 and 7th saga...
Unlimited Saga
Drakkhen
any Wizardry, Might and Magic, D%26D, Bard's Tale or Ultima ports on consoles
Virtual Hydlide
any King's Field, Eternal Ring or Shadow Tower games

I know there are worst than what I have played, but the worst RPG I have had the misfortune to play is Time Stalkers for the Dreamcast.
This one's easier for me to answer than the 'best of' list.I wonder what it was that Konami was smoking when they put Ephemeral Fantasia out there to unsuspecting RPG'ers back in the PS2's early days. Graphically, it makes another PS2 action-RPG that was released around the same time, Dark Cloud, look graphically advanced. In their defense though, Fantasia was delayed numerous times (it was slated for at least two different consoles, but then they both fell out of favor with people), and they never bothered updating the graphics. They just continued work on it and released it.Even so, it's inexcuseable. Problem is, it has that irritating time loop. You miss an event on a certain day at a certain time.....too bad. Not to mention I found the setup for battles to be rather cumbersome and slow.
It also looks rather primitive in terms of graphics. It looks more like something that belonged on the N64 or something, not PS1 / PS2.Edit/Addition: Ah, and going back through the thread....I nearly forgot about Drakkhen, for which I played in its Infogrames/Kemco-Seika port for the SNES. It, Ys 3, Lagoon and FF IV (Easy) (aka: FF II U.S.) were the four earliest RPGs for the system, and having played all four, I can easily say it's the worst of them. The only thing I remember about that game is its music, which had the same MIDI sounds like those of the aformentioned Lagoon. Lacked the gameplay though. You set up your characters and then all you could do was move around (in first person) through some polygonal world. You had no control over battles. HIGHLY frustrating.
I would have to say Evolution on the Dreamcast was a huge dissapointment I hated when the rooms would never be the same and the 2d/3d view was pretty stupid
Of the ones I've played, Final Fantasy XII and Ys. Read my review of FF12 for that, and you know a game is bad when you can't pronounce the title. That's pissing you off before you even play the game. (That rule does not apply to games you know are not in your language (IE Japanese games)).
[QUOTE=''trick6952'']I would have to say Evolution on the Dreamcast was a huge dissapointment I hated when the rooms would never be the same and the 2d/3d view was pretty stupid [/QUOTE]I hated the second one
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Unlimited Saga
[QUOTE=''zh666'']Unlimited Saga
Drakkhen
any Wizardry, Might and Magic, D%26D, Bard's Tale or Ultima ports on consoles
Virtual Hydlide
any King's Field, Eternal Ring or Shadow Tower games
[/QUOTE]This man speaks the truth!!!
[QUOTE=''N8A''][QUOTE=''zh666'']Unlimited Saga
Drakkhen
any Wizardry, Might and Magic, D%26D, Bard's Tale or Ultima ports on consoles
Virtual Hydlide
any King's Field, Eternal Ring or Shadow Tower games
[/QUOTE]This man speaks the truth!!![/QUOTE]You'd expect him to, he's experienced with old school genres, like me, Panzer_Zwei, Blackbond, and a lot of the members of the Candid Collectors Union.
I thought all such discussion of this topic ended the moment somebody actually played Sword of Vermillion (Gen).



Guess I was wrong.
I've got Unlimited Saga, but I've not played it yet. I'm a huge Squaresoft/Enix/Square Enix fan, so I suppose I should prep myself for a bit of disappointment.I don't know that I've played any really bad RPGs.To the poster who said Evolution: I'd totally forgotten about that game until you mentioned it. I loved that game on Dreamcast.
A lot of people were disappointed in Suikoden IV, but I thought it was a great game.
I read in a magazine that FF Mystical Quest was pretty bad.In my personal experience, i never like any FF on the GB.
Shaman King: Legacy of the Spirits is pretty abysmal.What were you thinking, Konami?
Unlimited SagaLegend of LegaiaLegend of Mana(Way too kiddie and fruity at the same time)DrakengardSudekiFable

No comments:

Post a Comment