Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother series, anyone?

Honestly, I can't believe that there hasn't been a single thread posted about the Mother series yet.... then again, it's not very popular. To some of you, you might not recognize a certain game if you call it Mother 2; but rather Earthbound. I personally think that this series has some sort of charm that draws you in... but considering the attention Nintendo has been giving this series, I don't think many people know about it. Anyways, has anyone played any of the Mother games? ...any fans? :D Mother 1 (NES)
Mother 2/Earthbound (SNES)
Mother 3 (GBA)Mother series, anyone?
Most of us love Mother 2, or Earthbound, but not everyone has played the first or third one.Mother series, anyone?
It my fravorite rpg ever. I went down to this local game shop, and they was selling it for 100 dollers. I would never sell that game ever.
I recall it wasn't too popular when it was first released. ;/
...but glad to see that there are some Mother fans around, hehe.
I want the first Mother game to be released on VC so I can finally legally experience it.
I just ordered a reporduction of Earthbound for my NES off of nesreproductions.com Ive never played any of the series but Im excited to start in a couple weeks!!!
I've played Mother 1 and Mother 2.....Mother 1 was pretty average but 2 was legendary....just like System Shock 2 compared to System Shock 1.
Hehe, I loved 1. In all honesty, I like 2 the best, even moreso than 3.
[QUOTE=''ag1052'']I just ordered a reporduction of Earthbound for my NES off of nesreproductions.com Ive never played any of the series but Im excited to start in a couple weeks!!![/QUOTE]I ordered one awhile back. It's nice to have the experience on the actual NES hardware, but as far as the game itself... It's not so great. Good but not great. I really liked EB growing up and after I imported and struggled through Mother 3 a couple of times, I fell in love. EarthBound NES just doesn't stand up to it's sequels. It's just very bland and very basic. If you've really never played any of the Mother games, don't judge them all on this one. The second and third are utterly fantastic games.

No comments:

Post a Comment