Monday, April 12, 2010

Best SNES/Genesis Street Fighter game?

I got a few Street Fighter games at a garage sale, I'm not a huge fan of the series, so I'd like to keep one of the following and sell off the rest. Let me know which game of the three is the best:Street Fighter II (SNES)Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES)Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition (Genesis)Let me know what you think. Thanks :)Best SNES/Genesis Street Fighter game?
Street Fighter II Turbo is my favorite for the SNES. But out of those i'd keep SF II :)Best SNES/Genesis Street Fighter game?
Alright, thanks. Mind if I ask why?
I agree that SF2 Turbo is the best game for the series on the SNES, and I would also go with SF2 out of the 3, because it is an all time classic!!! It introduces most of the legendary characters, and pretty much started a gaming revolution! Now, on the other hand, if you are looking for pure fun, I would go with Alpha 2, because it is much faster paced and the super moves are pretty sweet! SF2= timeless classic that started a gaming revolution SFA2= pure fun fast paced fighter with a sweet set of new moves! So, at least I narrowed it down to those 2! I have both games, and both are great!
I'd defo keep SF Alpha 2 coz its a real showpiece and rarer so probably worth more. Plus personally I prefer the Alpha games anyway.
Alright, so I guess my best option would be keep SF II and SF Alpha 2 then? I also forgot to mention I got a Street Fighter Demo Cartridge, but I'll keep that one since it's a bit rarer.
I just played SNES's SF II, SF II Turbo, Super SF II, and SF Alpha 2. I loved only SF II Turbo, and Super SF II. SF II Turbo was almost perfect arcade ported and added four bosses. Super SF II was improving graphic as arcade ported and added new 4 characters.
If you have both systems, I'd keep the Genesis one. Kills me to say that, as I was completely pro-SNES back in the day (junior high), but it's the best overall version of the three you bought. Original SF2 is too unbalanced and slow, and Alpha 2 is inferior to Alpha 3 or SF3: Third Strike. Make sure you have a six button controller for the Genesis though, if you keep that game.
[QUOTE=''ItsEvolution'']If you have both systems, I'd keep the Genesis one. Kills me to say that, as I was completely pro-SNES back in the day (junior high), but it's the best overall version of the three you bought. Original SF2 is too unbalanced and slow, and Alpha 2 is inferior to Alpha 3 or SF3: Third Strike. Make sure you have a six button controller for the Genesis though, if you keep that game.[/QUOTE]i agree, SFII was good, but too slow and you cant play as Bison. SFII CE or Super SFII are better versions. If you have a 6 button contoller, then keep the genesis version.i havent played SF Alfa, so i cant comment on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment